January 1, 2017
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The Multimedia Manger is responsible for the general direction, design, development, maintenance and production of a variety of multimedia projects: Video and Audio Productions, Graphic Designs, Animations, Still Photography and other multimedia specialties. The Multimedia Manager would also perform related duties as required.
Education and Training:
A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but job knowledge with professional experience may be considered.
Applicant must have a demo reel of previous works: reel must demonstrate and clearly outline projects produced by the applicant.
How To Apply:
BAMM Communications, LLC – Multimedia Manager
Agency Function: Creative
Level of Experience: Manager
This will provide guidelines for understanding the Multimedia Manager’s responsibilities. These guidelines may change to meet the specific business needs of the Agency.
REPORTS TO: the Creative Director
SUPERVISES: Graphic Designers, Video/Still Photographers
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Any one position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions within this classification.)
- Edits news-style stories/packages as well as other video features.
- Performs technical duties in the production of Web-based video and audio projects, CDs/DVDs, video streaming, and other field and studio video and audio productions;
- Performs, records, and edits voiceovers;
- Manages media bandwidth to stream video for optimum distribution in online products;
- Operates non-linear video and audio editing equipment and audio mixers;
- Edits special effects, composition, and design of video and audio productions;
- Maintains and organizes production file archives.
- Designs and develops multimedia-based layouts, graphics, animation, video, sound and/or content for clients’ use in presentations, video productions, multimedia programs, online tutorials, websites, CDs, DVDs, and other electronic media;
- Works with clients and project team to review and recommend design options, functionality, and programming needs;
- Develops layout design and concept, selects and secures appropriate illustrative materials to be used;
- Writes complex application code to create engaging animations using Flash;
- Maintains and updates websites;
Graphic Design/Print Materials
- Creates and provides print-based flyers, logos, programs, training materials, newsletters, packaging, and other print documents using professional page layout and graphic design software;
- Edits and manipulates photos;
- Composes, edits, and proofreads copy for accuracy, grammar, punctuation, consistency, and formatting;
- Consults with marketing department and commercial printers regarding format and print specifications.
Any combination of education and training which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described. Advanced coursework in multimedia, graphic design, and Web design is desirable.
Training and Experience
Progressively responsible experience in the conceptualization, design, and production of animation, graphics, web and print materials; experience in a non-linear video and audio editing/production and/or Web development environment.
color theory, layout and graphic design principles, fontography, typography, animation techniques; principles and operation of the Internet; current technology in advanced video streaming and animation/interactive content delivery techniques; audio/visual equipment; preparing files for Adobe Media Server.
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, After Effects, Acrobat Professional, Adobe Edge Animate, Microsoft Office, Adobe Premiere, iMovie, GarageBand, Sorenson Squeeze, iTunes, Digidesign Pro Tools, QuickTime, and File Transfer Protocol (FTP) applications.
Skill and Ability to:
Operate a variety of computer platforms and operating systems including Mac OS and Windows; operate peripheral equipment including printers, CD and DVD burners and duplicators, scanners, Wacom drawing tablet, audio recording equipment, and digital projectors; creatively translate abstract concepts into effective visual form in a variety of media; adapt graphics to fit needs of clients and target audience; utilize state of the art production tools to design, edit, and produce video, audio, and graphic materials; communicate effectively in both oral and written form; compose and edit written materials; explain technical concepts in non-technical terms to staff and customers; research and learn new software and adapt to changes in technology; prioritize, organize, and schedule work assignments and projects; work individually on multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted during the course of work.