April 1, 2018
Business Development Director
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The Business Development Director is responsible for leading client accounts within the agency, ensuring they are profitable and growing. The Business Development Director would take responsibility for the delivery of quality communications and creative work that meets the client’s need and addresses their business problems. The Business Development Director will manage their team of business development executives and coordinators, and relies on their ability to lead and inspire others inside and outside the agency. The Business Development Director will be involved with pitches for new business, approaching these with both a creative and commercial mindset.
Education and Training:
A bachelor’s degree is required; MBA is preferred.
Applicant must have a portfolio of previous works that clearly outline related projects produced by the applicant.
How To Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to:
BAMM Communications, LLC – Business Development Director
Agency Function: Business Development, Marketing
Level of Experience: Director
This will provide guidelines for understanding the Business Development Director’s responsibilities. These guidelines may change to meet the specific business needs of the company.
REPORTS TO: Chief of Staff
SUPERVISES: Business Development Executives and Coordinators
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates the client’s goals and represents the client’s interests to agency and network teams.
- Responsible for establishing and developing the brief (strategic scope of work), in collaboration with the other senior agency leads.
- Provides consistent two-way communication between the client and agency project manager to provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
- Along with the agency project manager, manages all client communications, including conflict resolution.
- Reviews all major deliverables to ensure quality standards and client expectations are met, in hopes for repeat business and account growth.
- Is aware of and is in active pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business.
- Understands company capabilities and services, and proactively communicates all offerings to a lead, prospect, or client.
- Manages and effectively markets and promotes the company’s brand in an effort to gain more traffic and business to the company.
- Provides regular input on all business development activity, including status, and reports on a weekly basis to the Chief of Staff and Chief Executive Officer.
- BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of marketing experience.
- Content and digital marketing experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of public relations experience.
- A combination of agency and client-side experience preferred.
Experience, Skills, and Ability To:
- Excellent client-service skills with incredible people skills and a passion for exceeding client expectations.
- Previous success in account growth and new account acquisition.
- Ability to capture and manage client success metrics.
- Strong planning and strategy skills.
- Excellent internal communication skills.
- Experience working with teams in multiple locations and bridging communication gaps across locations.
- Digital marketing experience including effective content optimization and engagement across multiple platforms including web, social, and email.
- A passion for and clear understanding of the progressing new media landscape.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Extremely detail oriented, super organized, self-starter, goal oriented, persistent, and a problem solver.
- High level of initiative and works extremely well in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Thrives under pressure, in stressful situations, and under deadlines.