November 15, 2017
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The Account Director is responsible for leading client accounts within the agency, ensuring they are profitable and growing. The Account Director would take responsibility for the delivery of quality communications and creative work that meets the client’s need and addresses their business problems. The Account Director will manage their team of account executives and coordinators, and relies on their ability to lead and inspire others inside and outside the agency. The Account Director will be involved with pitches for new business, approaching these with both a creative and commercial mindset.
Education and Training:
A bachelor’s degree is required; MBA is preferred.
Applicant must have a portfolio of previous works that clearly outline related projects produced by the applicant.
How To Apply:
BAMM Communications, LLC – Account Director
Agency Function: Account Services, Marketing
Level of Experience: Director
This will provide guidelines for understanding the Account Director’s responsibilities. These guidelines may change to meet the specific business needs of the Agency.
REPORTS TO: Chief of Staff
SUPERVISES: Account Executives, Account Coordinators
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates the client’s goals and represents the client’s interests to agency teams.
- Responsible for establishing and developing the content and strategy, in collaboration with the other senior agency leads.
- Responsible for effectively guiding and collaborating with internal teams to meet client objectives.
- Provides consistent two-way communication between the client and teams to provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
- Manages all client communications, including conflict resolution, and ensures adherence to client deliverables according to scope of work.
- Reviews all major deliverables to ensure quality standards and client expectations are met.
- Project manages client deliverables, maintaining project workflow and adhering to process while ensuring brand standards are met and projects are profitable.
- Works closely with the project team to manage deliverables; maintains a continuous knowledge of project status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the project.
- Is aware of and is in active pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business.
- Understands company capabilities and services, and proactively communicates all offerings to the client.
- Provides regular input on all account activity, including status, and reports on a weekly basis to the Chief of Staff and Chief Executive Officer.
- BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of marketing experience.
- Content and digital marketing experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of public relations experience.
- Crisis communications experienced preferred.
- A combination of agency and client-side experience preferred.
Experience, Skills, and Ability To:
- Excellent client-service skills with incredible people skills and a passion for exceeding client expectations.
- Previous success in account growth and new account acquisition.
- Ability to capture and manage client success metrics.
- Strong planning and strategy skills.
- Excellent internal communication skills with a history of keeping teams aware of shifting project timelines, goals and client expectations.
- Experience working with teams in multiple locations and bridging communication gaps across locations.
- Digital marketing experience including effective content optimization and engagement across multiple platforms including web, social, and email.
- A passion for and clear understanding of the progressing new media landscape.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Extremely detail oriented, super organized, self-starter, goal oriented, persistent, and a problem solver.
- High level of initiative and works extremely well in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Thrives under pressure, in stressful situations, and under deadlines.